[vbox-dev] Haiku operating system guest additions.

François Revol revol at free.fr
Tue Sep 6 17:47:19 GMT 2011

Le 06/09/2011 19:34, Alexey Eromenko a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Alexander von Gluck
> <kallisti5 at unixzen.com> wrote:
>> After a summer of hard work, our Google summer of code student completed his
>> work on the VirtualBox guest additions for Haiku.
>>

> First of all CONGRATULATIONS on this nice community effort ! Really.
> I'm happy to see any such effort which brings more hosts and/or guests support.

If anyone is interested, there is a thread about VM support as guest on
the freedos-devel mailing list :P

> * View of Guest IP addresses
> * GuestControl Execute (allows to execute guest commands from host, useful)

Those shouldn't be too hard.

> * 3D acceleration: OpenGL (it could be harder than others)

We're still working on hardware 3D support anyway but yeah.

> After GSOC is over, anyone of Haiku community could continue student's work ?

I started this mess, and I'll likely look after it again later on, even
if not very often.

>> I have put together two packages to make showing off the code to the
>> VirtualBox team
>> and the Haiku community easy...
>>  http://pub.haikufire.com/haiku/optionalpackages/vboxadditions-4.1.15_dev-x86-gcc4-2011-08-23.zip
>>  http://pub.haikufire.com/haiku/optionalpackages/vboxadditions-full-4.1.15_dev-x86-gcc4-2011-08-23.zip
>>

> In such cases it is recommended to have single code tree, but
> experimental functionality disabled by default (at build time or
> run-time) rather than 2 code trees.

Those are the binary packages.

> The work should be MIT-licensed.

As far as I'm concerned, the parts I wrote are licensed under MIT.

I'm sure Mike will be ok as well, he'll probably reply to this thread.

François.