[vbox-dev] DirectSound host device selection

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Thu Oct 27 16:39:38 GMT 2011

The attached patch (should) provide(s) a way to select the DirectSound
devices on the host for audio input and output for a VM. It uses two
environment variables (DEVICE_GUID_OUT and DEVICE_GUID_IN) for this
purpose. I would rather allow this to be configurable from the
configuration file, but I can not find a (simple) way to get anything
from the configuration file to the audio driver. Using an environment
variable will work for my usage.

I have not tested this patch, as I have no Windows build environment.
Could anyone (try to) build VirtualBox with this patch for Windows (x32)?

Thank you,

Ivo Smits