[vbox-dev] Clone

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Thu Jun 16 18:57:51 GMT 2011

On 16.06.2011 17:10, Perry Halbert wrote:
> Yes that is the UUID that I am talking about. You are right that you
> can't use the same UUID for two *registered guests but I often do this
> and register the one I want at the time. I suppose it is not needed as
> much by the masses since it is more of a backup of the original. I can
> continue to use 3rd party for this.

Christian was already pointing in the right direction - you can set the
hardware UUID (which by default is the same as the VM UUID) of a VM
through VBoxManage modifyvm. I don't think it's improving usability if
we offer every weird option in the GUI. It is meant to cover the usual
cases efficiently.

Klaus