[vbox-dev] Build infrastructure for vbox 4.0 (for Windows host)

S. Brandt sbrandt at gmx.de
Thu Jan 13 14:30:04 GMT 2011

Am 11.01.2011 21:45, schrieb Klaus Espenlaub:
> On 11.01.2011 17:23, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM, S.
>> Brandt<sbrandt at gmx.de>  wrote:

>>> See here ...
>>> http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37148
>>> you are not the only one who doesn't manage ... but I don't know of anyone
>>> outside Oracle who manages, either.
>>>

>> I know one person who can build VirtualBox on Windows host, and is not
>> related to Oracle.
Hi!
Can you ask him to post his setup here?
(or rather, ask yourself to do so?)

>> Huihong Luo. (from VMlite)
>>

> If you manage to get EXACTLY the mentioned tools it should be a piece of
> cake to get VirtualBox compiled. The biggest problem at the moment is that
> the compiler version is quite dated, and getting them from Microsoft is
> effectively impossible. It's on our todo list to make things easier to build
> on Windows, preferrably with tools which can be readily downloaded for free.
Well, the setup I've been using for a few years doesn't work any longer, see
http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37148
D3dkmthk.h is only part of relatively modern DDKs which, on the other hand,
do not really support VS05, and so on.

Yours,
Sebastian