[vbox-dev] wiki/Mac OS X build instructions, hardening warning

Christian Pötzsch christian.poetzsch at oracle.com
Mon Aug 29 17:14:44 GMT 2011

Hi Ryan,

I build VBox with MacPorts and it is working. However, hardening is
*disabled* in the portfile of VirtualBox. As I already wrote, this is
_not_ save to use and shouldn't be done by an package installation system.

If there are any problems with building the hardening on another path as
the default one (/Applications/VirtualBox.app/...), this should be
reported to us and we can try (together) to solve any issues. Accounting
how big and widely used MacPorts is, you really should consider
disabling the port for now. Feel free to ask any questions.

Chris

Dr. Christian Pötzsch                             http://www.oracle.com/
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,