[vbox-dev] very slow installing windows 7 sp1 beta refresh

Life is hard, and then you die ronald at innovation.ch
Mon Sep 13 03:49:18 GMT 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 05:10:33PM -0700, walt wrote:
> On 09/11/2010 05:35 PM, Life is hard, and then you die wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 04:17:14PM -0700, walt wrote:
>
>>> So, what would be the most efficient way to use svn to find the bad commit
>>> between 3.2.8-Release and today's OSE.svn?
>>
>> Just use git-svn ...
>
> An excellent hint, thanks.
>
> I'm fumbling a bit with the kBuild repo, which is actually separate from
> the vbox repo:  http://www.virtualbox.org/svn/kbuild-mirror/trunk/kBuild
>
> For now I've just made a symlink to my vbox.svn/kBuild directory and it
> works, but I'd like to start tracking vbox using only git from now on.
> (Did I mention already that I hate svn?)
>
> I think if the vbox project had a git repo I would just add kBuild by
> using 'git remote add'.  Does that sound correct?

I don't think so - that would just add the kBuild repo as another
remote clone of the main repo, which would not make sense. More likely
you'd want to use submodules.

> But I don't see any analogous was of using git-svn to do the same thing.

You could always git-svn clone kBuild into a subdirectory and
gitignore that subdirectory. Of course you'll have to run git-svn
update separately on both the main and the kBuild repos each time.

  Cheers,

  Ronald