[vbox-dev] Question to network-adapters

Thomas Trepper thomas.trepper at blueclaim.com
Mon Oct 25 05:07:35 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I have two questions concerning the network-adapters:

1) When I use the getNetworkAdapterCount() method I think I get the
count of all possible adapters of the vBoxHost. I have two machines and
I get 8 adapters back as count. In the API it is written that this count
is the AdapterCount of every machine. So I expect to get the
AdapterCount of the machine instance I'm working with, in my case 4.
What's the right way to work with?

API:
unsigned long ISystemProperties::networkAdapterCount (Number of network
adapters associated with every IMachine instance.)

2) When working with Network Adapters there is a field "Name" e.g. a
Bridged Adapter displays via the standard-gui "en 1: airport" or "en 2:
Ethernet". How do I get these values through the Java Api Code? I
excpected the hostInterface to print these values, but I always get a
null value. Same with InternalNetwork.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

Thomas