[vbox-dev] Help with sessions

Lucas Charles lucas.charles at unine.ch
Sun Oct 24 22:18:15 GMT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck with a problem related to the sdk for java-ws.
I want to manage several machines on a given host from my java client.

I need to start vms
Take snapshots of the one I started at given intervals.
After a new boot I need to restore the machines to their latest snapshot.
Start them and redo snapshots.

The problem I'm facing is how to open sessions.

Yet I'm starting the vms by calling
------

IWebsessionManager mgr;

IVirtualBox vbox

mgr = new IWebsessionManager("http://localhost:18083");

vbox = mgr.logon("", "");

ISession session = mgr.getSessionObject(vbox);

IProgress prog = vbox.openRemoteSession(session, machineToStart.getId(),
"gui", "");

prog.waitForCompletion(-1);

-----
Isn't it a problem to call openRemoteSession with the session I got from
IWebSessionManager::getSessiontObject() ?
Because I then use only one session to start several vms.

My next question is when I want to take snapshots of every machines I have
in charge.

Which session object should I use to get the IConsole ?
Can/Must I reuse the one I used upon calling openRemoteSession() ? Reusing
seems to work, if I control only one machine but fails with more than one.

Best Regard,
Lucas Charles