[vbox-dev] Is gcc 3.3.x really necessary to compile the recompiler?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 16:22:22 GMT 2009

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for the clarification. It's much easier without sticking to the old gcc version.

Yes, I noticed that VBoxRem2.rel is an ELF image. Can you explain how this file is built? I assume it's done on Linux. Do you use mingw toolchain on linux to do the cross compile? Since it's ELF image, perhaps it's built from pure linux gcc (w/o cross compile to windows)?

I am trying to eliminate VBoxREM2.rel on windows using MingW64, in other words, combining the current VBoxREM.dll + VBoxREM2.rel ==> VBoxREM.dll

Thanks,

Huihong