[vbox-dev] vbox 3.0.6

Michael Thayer Michael.Thayer at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 14 10:51:17 GMT 2009

Hello Laszlo,

Laszlo Papp wrote:
> Archlinux uses the newest kernel in the newest iso release!
>
> The problem started here, please check it:
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=600988
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11141
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15665
>
> In the last url, you can see it's fixed in the 3.0.6 version.
Ah, I see that I missed a crucial word in your original post - I though
you were talking about a host system running 2.6.30.  I'm afraid that I
can't give you a release date - not even an estimate - for 3.0.6 though.
 If you can live without the additional features of the closed source
version, you might want to use VirtualBox OSE for now and apply the
patch yourself though.

By the way, I CCed the mailing list, I presume that was your intention.

Regards,

Michael
--
Sun Microsystems GmbH        Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24               VirtualBox engineer
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:michael.thayer at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028