[vbox-dev] vbox 3.0.6

Laszlo Papp djszapi2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 11:19:57 GMT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Michael Thayer <Michael.Thayer at sun.com>wrote:

> Hello Laszlo,
>
> Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > Archlinux uses the newest kernel in the newest iso release!
> >
> > The problem started here, please check it:
> > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=600988
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11141
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15665
> >
> > In the last url, you can see it's fixed in the 3.0.6 version.
> Ah, I see that I missed a crucial word in your original post - I though
> you were talking about a host system running 2.6.30.  I'm afraid that I
> can't give you a release date - not even an estimate - for 3.0.6 though.

Hello!

Maybe, you can't understand the situation. I try to install archlinux with
the 2.6.30 kernel in it. So archlinux is the guest operating system, the
host is windows XP e.g., but the problem exists on all the host format.

>  If you can live without the additional features of the closed source
> version, you might want to use VirtualBox OSE for now and apply the
> patch yourself though.

The OSE version is not okay for us, because of USB handling. We need to know
a just about time, because We don't know to use other virtualization
software, or earlier kernel version in short time.

Thank you in advance.