[vbox-dev] vbox 3.0.6

Michael Thayer Michael.Thayer at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 14 10:01:24 GMT 2009

Hello Alexey and Laszlo,

Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Laszlo Papp<djszapi2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to ask when the next (3.0.6.) release will be available? The
>> present 3.0.4. version can't work with 2.6.30 kernel in it. I think so much
>> person use it, but if they can be use virtualization at the company, they
>> will change.
[snip]
> 3. I think there is a bug about it:
> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/4603
Although I haven't tried it myself, that ticket refers to a problem that
a user with a 2.6.30 kernel had inside a VM, so I assume that it was
working for them.  Laszlo, could you please be more specific about what
is not working?  Is the kernel module failing to compile, and if so, can
you check that this really is due to build errors and not because of
missing components on your host system (like kernel headers or whatever)?

Regards,

Michael
--
Sun Microsystems GmbH        Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24               VirtualBox engineer
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:michael.thayer at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028