[vbox-dev] makefile questions

Frank Mehnert Frank.Mehnert at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 8 06:33:22 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Desmond Chapman wrote:
> Okay. FreeBSD 7.0 amd64.
>
> From Makefile.kmk
>
> "additions-packing:
>         + $(KMK) VBOX_ONLY_ADDITIONS=1 \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.freebsd.amd64= \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.freebsd.x86= \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.linux.amd64=1 \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.linux.x86=1 \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.solaris.amd64=1 \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.solaris.x86=1 \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.win.amd64=1 \
>                 VBOX_WITH_ADDITIONS_ISO.win.x86=1 \"
>
> Nothing is set for FreeBSD here. Do I set this? Will it be added to the
> next release?

Activating FreeBSD guest code does not make sense as long as
there is no useful code in Additions/freebsd.

> " ls tools
> CommonFetch.kmk        linux.amd64        solaris.x86
> Makefile-ose.kmk    linux.x86        win.amd64
> darwin.x86        os2.x86            win.x86
> freebsd.x86        solaris.amd64"
>
> There is no entry for freebsd.amd64. Why not?

Because the binaries were not added to the repository.

> From AutoConfig.kmk
>
> "SDK_VBOX_ZLIB_INCS             := "
>
> Why the lack of any value?

Have a look at configure.log. An empty value here means that the
default path is used.

> "VBOX_WITH_TESTSUITE            :=
> VBOX_WITH_WIN32_ADDITIONS      :=
> VBOX_WITH_LINUX_ADDITIONS      := "
>
> Should any of these be with any set value?

Of couse you could activate the TESTSUITE but this is not required
to get the VBox application work.

The Win32 additions require Wine. The Linux additions require a Linux
host.

Kind regards,

Frank
--