[vbox-dev] FreeBSD port

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:20:21 GMT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Jason Bacon <jwbacon at tds.net> wrote:
> I've started working on a FreeBSD port framework, which is available at my
>  web site:
>
>   http://personalpages.tds.net/~jwbacon/Ports/
>
>  I hit a snag with kbuild that I could use some help with. The link command
>  lacks whitespace after -L[snip]/src/VBox/Main/, which
>  yields "-L[snip]/src/VBox/Main/-L/usr/local/lib". Hence, nothing
>  in /usr/local/lib is found. I grep'ed every plain file in the tree for
>  various parts of the link command, and it's not in there. Apparently it's
>  generated on the fly, but how is a mystery to me.
>
>  Any tips would be appreciated.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>   Jason
>
>  Tail of the build output:
>
>  kmk[3]: Entering directory
>  `/usr/home/bacon/Prog/Ports/ports/emulators/virtualbox-devel/work/
>  VirtualBox-1.6.0_OSE/src/VBox/Main'
>
>  kBuild: Linking VBoxSettings
>   /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxslt

I am able to get past this problem by changing a line in the configure
script.  I'm not sure if this is the recommended or most appropriate
way, but it seems to work for me on 7.0-RELEASE i386.

-BUILD_LIBXSLT=
+BUILD_LIBXSLT="`pkg-config libxslt --libs`"

That having been said, I do hit build errors later in the process that
I have been unable to rectify, so if you get past this I'd like to
hear how the rest of it goes.

Matt