[vbox-dev] FreeBSD port

Knut St. Osmundsen bird at sun.com
Tue May 13 12:26:02 GMT 2008

Jason Bacon wrote:
> I've started working on a FreeBSD port framework, which is available at my
> web site:
>
>  http://personalpages.tds.net/~jwbacon/Ports/
>
> I hit a snag with kbuild that I could use some help with. The link command
> lacks whitespace after -L[snip]/src/VBox/Main/, which
> yields "-L[snip]/src/VBox/Main/-L/usr/local/lib". Hence, nothing
> in /usr/local/lib is found. I grep'ed every plain file in the tree for
> various parts of the link command, and it's not in there. Apparently it's
> generated on the fly, but how is a mystery to me.

IIRC this is a problem with configure and some issue with pkg-config. I
don't have a x86 FreeBSD system handy right now. So, in order to verify
this, could you please post the AutoConfig.kmk and configure.log files.
Also, some indication about what you've patched would be nice (I'm
pretty sure configure needs some patching for FreeBSD).

Kind regards,
 knut