[vbox-dev] Open a remote session using ws

Jean-Michel Guillaume skrevel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 12 14:13:15 GMT 2008

OK... I've got the same than you have.
I downloaded the source code and noticed that when we request the
webservice, we just send a "_this" as managed object reference...
I'm really new in ws, SOAP and Virtualization but I think that doesn't
sound so good...

Have you tried to generate API with AXIS and the wsdl files?
With the solution explained in the userGuide and when coding directly
above the generated API, it's pretty better...

Here is for your request...

[Code]
String myNewVm = port.IVirtualBox_createMachine
(oVox,"/yourDir","myName",UUID.randomUUID().toString());
port.IVirtualBox_registerMachine(myNewMachine);
[/Code]

But I don't know why, when I try to open a session, I do not ask on the
correct managed object reference... Still getting the:
"com.sun.xml.ws.commons.virtualbox.InvalidObjectFaultMsg"