[vbox-dev] Open a remote session using ws

Christian Smith - Sun Microsystems - Dublin Ireland Christian.Smith at Sun.COM
Thu Jun 12 14:22:04 GMT 2008

Jean-Michel Guillaume wrote:
> OK... I've got the same than you have.
> I downloaded the source code and noticed that when we request the
> webservice, we just send a "_this" as managed object reference...
> I'm really new in ws, SOAP and Virtualization but I think that doesn't
> sound so good...
>
> Have you tried to generate API with AXIS and the wsdl files?
> With the solution explained in the userGuide and when coding directly
> above the generated API, it's pretty better...
>
> Here is for your request...
>
> [Code]
> String myNewVm = port.IVirtualBox_createMachine
> (oVox,"/yourDir","myName",UUID.randomUUID().toString());
> port.IVirtualBox_registerMachine(myNewMachine);
> [/Code]
>
> But I don't know why, when I try to open a session, I do not ask on the
> correct managed object reference... Still getting the:
> "com.sun.xml.ws.commons.virtualbox.InvalidObjectFaultMsg"

To open a session you first need to acquire a 'Session Object' from the
Websession manager.  Once you have this you can open a normal or remote
session.  See the code example in my other email (the later one).  If
that doesn't work post your code and I will take a look.

-Christian