[vbox-dev] OpenGL Additions

Ranando King rwking at usa.net
Tue Aug 28 07:19:11 GMT 2007

I noticed that when I looked throught the code. That stuff is a nightmare to
trace through!!!  But anyway, I 've been using a demo/benchmark program I
found at http://www.glexcess.com/defaultn.asp to test how well the
implementation is working. As of tonight's SVN, I haven't been able to
reproduce the problem I mentioned.

At the same time, I'm getting very low frame rates. By low, I mean less than
10 in many cases on this application when I run it full screen at
1280x1024x32. I did notice something when I ran it at 640x480x32. It seemed
to run relatively smooth for short periods, then slow down. At the same time,
the fps meter would show high frame rates during the slow period and low
rates during the smooth period. I guess I still don't have the OpenGL
extensions configured properly. I followed the instructions from bug report
475 in my attempt to configure.

So if someone will please list the instructions for configuring the OpenGL
additions after building them, I would greatly appreciate it.

R.