Ticket #8506 (closed defect: obsolete)
Win7 (x86) Guest Aborts On Ubuntu Host (x86) if Logitech Pro 9000 USB Camera Connected
|Reported by:||prynhart||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.0.4||Keywords:||Logitech, USB, Aborted|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
Symptom: Win7 (x86) Guest Aborts On Ubuntu Host (x86) if Logitech Pro 9000 USB Camera Connected
Steps to Reproduce:
- Clean Install of Ubuntu 10.04 or above as a Host
- Install VirtualBox 4.04
- Create and Install a Windows 7 VM
- Connect a Logitech Pro 9000 Camera (identified as "Unknown device 046D:0990 " by VB) to the host
- Attempt to connect the USB device to the VM. The VM will exit immediately and enter into the State "Aborted".
- I have reproduced this fault on more than one Ubuntu based Host.
- The relevant output of "VBoxManage list usbhost" is:
UUID: 73b26267-f686-4623-895b-d2db4e816d2c VendorId: 0x046d (046D) ProductId: 0x0990 (0990) Revision: 0.8 (0008) SerialNumber: 7A2B4C54 Address: sysfs:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-5//device:/dev/vboxusb/002/014 Current State: Busy
I have captured a Core Dump as per http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Core_dump which is attached along with the VB log.