Ticket #8178 (closed defect: duplicate)
Guru Meditation (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED) with VirtualBox >= 3.2.0 on the same disk ops
|Reported by:||VitRom||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
Well, the best case description is "bying Sun VB by Oracle" but it's a very complex system bug ;) so let's concentrate on an accessible details:
All VB bulds after the lastest Sun build (3.1.8) have exacltly the same buggy behaviour with a FreeBSD-7-based pfSense 1.2.3 -- the VM dies on start of the disk partitioning.
Steps 2 re:
- get and extract a current stable install (pfSense-1.2.3-RELEASE-LiveCD-Installer.iso.gz) iso of pfSense from http://www.pfsense.org/mirror.php?section=downloads
- Make a quick defaulted VM with a maximum of defaults, with a 1Gb expandable disk and downloaded iso as cdrom.
- Boot VM, press Enter (default boot) then I (installer mode)
- On installer screen choose "Accept this" and then "Quick/Easy" and proceed
- VM died
This happens regardless of any storage-related VM settings like an adapter caching or p3/p4 controller type or anything else on an all releases after a Suns lastest.
Host: WinXP SP3+
Guest: pfSense 1.2.3 == FreeBSD-7 with some patches
Hardware: Any x86
- Component changed from virtual disk to VMM/RAW
- Summary changed from ALL Oracle-built VirtualBoxes dies on the same disk ops to Guru Meditation (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED) with VirtualBox >= 3.2.0 on the same disk ops