Ticket #770 (closed defect: worksforme)
Hangs when booting 2.6.9-55.0.2.EL-smp kernel (CentOS 4.5) => Enable PAE
|Reported by:||ahmedis||Owned by:|
I did a clean install of a custom CentOS 4.4-based distro. When attempting to boot after the install using the SMP kernel the virtualbox VM hangs at "Uncompressing Linux ... Ok, booting the kernel"
In order to boot I had to select the non-SMP kernel.
- Version changed from VirtualBox 1.5.0 to VirtualBox 1.6.4
- Guest type changed from other to Linux
comment:14 Changed 8 years ago by frank
- Version changed from VirtualBox 1.6.4 to VirtualBox 2.0.2
- Component changed from other to VMM
comment:32 Changed 7 years ago by frank
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
comment:33 Changed 7 years ago by frank
- Summary changed from Hangs when booting 2.6.9-55.0.2.EL-smp kernel (CentOS 4.5) to Hangs when booting 2.6.9-55.0.2.EL-smp kernel (CentOS 4.5) => Enable PAE