Ticket #7160 (closed defect: fixed)
some applications cannot access shared folders in windows 7 guest
|Reported by:||matteosistisette||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.2.6||Keywords:||shared folders, access|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I installed Guest Additions on the Windows Guest, created a shared folder, connected it as a network drive in Windows Guest.
The shared folder works, I can read and write to it from the guest, and browse it with Windows Explorer, however:
- most applications show it with a red "X" on it as if it was not accessible
- many application will be able to open, browse, read from and write to it despite showing the red X
- SOME applications will instead refuse to open the network drive and give an "access denied" error. For example you can't open an HTML file residing on the network drive with Internet Explorer
- .air packages (installation packages for adobe AIR) won't install if run from the shared folder (you have to copy them to the virtual disk, then they will work). The air will run from the network drive, but when it is supposed to ask for confirmation to switch to admin privileges, istead of popping the dialog, it will output an error message and abort installation
The last issue is indeed a special case of the previous one: AIR installer cannot handle properly the .air file residing on the network drive.
There seems to be a privilege issue with shared folders.
Host: Ubuntu 10.04 32bit
Guest Windows 7 64bit
- Component changed from other to shared folders
- Description modified (diff)