Ticket #6229 (closed defect: fixed)
virtualbox guest additions don't start on moblin2.1 and openSUSE 12.1 -> fixed as of 28 Sept 2011
|Reported by:||timeless||Owned by:|
|Host type:||Mac OS X|
- download http://mirrors.kernel.org/moblin/releases/2.1/images/moblin-2.1-final-20091103-002.img
- create an openSUSE (x86) vm
- 1 cpu
- vt-x/amd-v enabled
- nested paging enabled
- 12mb video
- 3d accel disabled
- 2d accel disabled
- 8gb vdi (growing)
- floppy empty
- boot the vm, and install to your hard disk
- power down the vm
- change the cdrom to "empty"
- power it up and press alt-f1 immediately after the virtualbox screen appears
- "e" (edit); <down>; "e" (edit)
- replace everything from "quiet" to the end with "3"
- <enter>; "b" (boot)
- this should boot you to a text mode
- log in and use sudo su -
- edit /etc/grub.conf to apply the change from step 8 permanently
- edit /etc/inittab to change the default mode to 3: 'id:3:initdefault:'
- yum install gcc make kernel-netbook-devel
- from virtualbox select install guest additions
- mount /dev/cdrom /media
rc.vboxadd-service doesn't work, it complains it can't find "daemon"
rc.vboxadd-service should treat moblin like redhat (well, i was told by a moblin-ish person to do this, and it worked).
- Summary changed from virtualbox guest additions don't start on moblin2.1 to virtualbox guest additions don't start on moblin2.1 and openSUSE 12.1 -> fixed as of 28 Sept 2011