Ticket #5756 (closed defect: fixed)
VirtualBox guest freezes while starting at 0% if serial ports are enabled => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||KingRadical||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.1.0||Keywords:||serial freeze startup|
VM guest OS is Windows XP.
I was running the OSE in the Ubuntu repositories before, but found I would require USB support since virtualbox only supports 2 serial ports at a time.
Now, when starting my VM, if BOTH serial ports are enabled, the VM freezes at 0% while "Starting virtual machine..."
My serial settings are: Port 1 Enabled COM1 Host Device /dev/ttyS0
Port 2 Enabled COM2 Host Device /dev/ttyS1
It freezes up with any settings for the second serial device. I have verified that nothing is using the serial ports, and that they function from the host machine.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution worksforme deleted
comment:23 Changed 5 years ago by frank
- Summary changed from VirtualBox guest freezes while starting at 0% if serial ports are enabled to VirtualBox guest freezes while starting at 0% if serial ports are enabled => Fixed in SVN