VirtualBox

Ticket #5632 (closed defect: worksforme)

Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

Bad RPM: Mandriva 2009.1 64bit, VB 3.1.0

Reported by: NickDeGraeve Owned by:
Priority: blocker Component: installer
Version: VirtualBox 3.1.0 Keywords:
Cc: Guest type: other
Host type: Linux

Description

The RPM for 64 bit Mandriva 2009.1 cannot be installed.

When I try to update my repositories I get a message the RPM is bad:

[nick@HAL9000 ]$ urpmi.update "Local RPMs"                                                                          
                                                           
adding 11 new rpms not available in existing hdlist                            
bad rpm /mnt/diskstation/public/software/linux/rpm/VirtualBox-3.1-3.1.0_55467_mdv2009.1-1.x86_64.rpm                                                          
genhdlist2 failed on /mnt/diskstation/public/software/linux/rpm 

And when I install it it fails:

[nick@HAL9000 ]$ sudo urpmi VirtualBox-3.1-3.1.0_55467_mdv2009.1-1.x86_64.rpm                                       
unable to register rpm file                                                    
error registering local packages

The downloaded RPM has a correct  MD5 sum:

[nick@HAL9000 ]$ md5sum VirtualBox-3.1-3.1.0_55467_mdv2009.1-1.x86_64.rpm
5fab92c8f8522c9a5340983116a93182  VirtualBox-3.1-3.1.0_55467_mdv2009.1-1.x86_64.rpm

Change History

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by frank

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to worksforme

Well, the correct command to install the .rpm package is

sudo rpm -U VirtualBox-3.1-3.1.0_55467_mdv2009.1-1.x86_64.rpm

(or ...rpm -i... not

urpmi ...

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by NickDeGraeve

It works for me now. I saw that the MD5 sum now is different from when I downloaded it first so I guess a new version was uploaded.

On Mandriva the preferred way to installing packages is using urpmi, not rpm -i or rpm -U.

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by frank

Right, the MD5SUM is different because we changed the package slightly in the meantime (added + remove an Obsoletes: field which didn't work as expected) but I tested this with the original package. Anyway, great that it works for you now and thanks for the feedback.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

www.oracle.com
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use