Ticket #5216 (new defect)
GoogleEarth doesn't run in Direct3X mode after enabling+disabling RDP
|Reported by:||olegk||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.0.8||Keywords:||3D, GoogleEarth, RDP|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start guest VM with 3D acceleration and RDP server enabled
- If not already installed, install guest additions selecting Direct3D support and reboot VM
- Install GoogleEarth in your guest VM. At this point you should be able to start it in both OpenGL and DirectX modes (you can change this by going to Tools->Options in GoogleEarth).
- Shutdown GoogleEarth.
- Login to your guest from MS RDP client and attempt to start GoogleEarth. You will get black screen where Globe should appear in GoogleEarth.
- Shut down GoogleEarth and disconnect RDP client
- Attempt to start GoogleEarth again from console. You should see that attempt to start GoogleEarth in Direct3X mode will fail. OpenGL mode will still work.
I reproduced above with following host/guest combinations: Windows Vista/Windows XP and MacOS 10.5/Windows 7. I also verified that 3D support in the guest was still enabled after RDP client connection.