Ticket #5108 (closed defect: fixed)
Second Host only network adapter disappers in GUI
|Reported by:||shashank.shingornikar||Owned by:|
In the VirtualBox GUI window, its possible to configure multiple host only network adapters. But the configured adapaters are not read in next time you start the GUI interface.
- Below are the steps to reproduce this issue.
- File > Preferences > From VirtualBox Settings dialog (Network) > Click + to add another host only network adapter)
- An option is available to configure, IPV4/IPV6 and DHCP server configuration.
- After the configuration of second Virtualbox Host only network adapater is done, Click ok.
- Settings are now saved. It can be seen that the adapter is written to VirtualBox.xml file.
- Close virtual box GUI now.
- Confirm that the newly created host only adapter is present in virtualbox.xml file from command line.
- start the VirtualBox GUI again.
- Choose ( File > Preferences > Network > puff ..... the second adapater is NOT listed. )
- Choosing + to add the network adapter, does read all the settings from the virtualbox.xml, meaning, all the configuration values previously entered are available.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.