Ticket #3970 (closed defect: wontfix)
|Reported by:||jon80||Owned by:|
Having tried VirtualBox 2.2.2, I noted that
- 64 bit operating systems cannot be installed as virtual machines, even, though the host machine runs Windows Server 2008 (64 bit).
The following OSs could not be tested successfully as virtual machines (include 64 bit and 32 bit OSs: Win Server 2008 64 bit Ubuntu Server 9.04 64 bit Ubuntu Server 9.04 32-bit CentOS 5.2 64-bit Slackware 12.2 (linux-based) - after an 8 hour installation an error was displayed indicating that the installation on the virtual hard disk was not bootable.
Related threads at
- Error displayed after booting on Slackware
- virtual machines have evident performance issues when compared to other products. I previously used Virtual Server 2005 R2 and VMWare Server 2.0, running on WinXP SP2 64 bit edition.
NOTE 1: Host machine
Windows Server 2008 64 bit (v6.0.6001) with Hyper-V AMD Athlon 64x2 4600+ 2.40Ghz 4Gb RAM
NOTE 1.1: I have an issue with Hyper-V since the network interface, so I tried VirtualBox as an alternative)
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix