Ticket #3948 (closed defect: wontfix)
No 64-bit guests with T5550 => No VT-x
|Reported by:||Tigerboy||Owned by:|
Cannot install a Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit guest. VT-x is checked but it's also grayed out so I can't uncheck it. In the list of the machine it says VT-x is enabled I put about a gig of ram for the guest and 62 preconfigured gigs for the drive 128 meg for the video card and 3d enabled. I try to install ubuntu 64 via an iso it gets to the screen to select the language and then I go to select install option and it comes back saying I don't have a 64 bit cpu just a 686 cpu is found.
My system is a gateway P-6860fx with a pentium dual core T5550 and 4 gigs of ram with a 250 gig sata drive. I have the latest bios for it. Vista 64 bit works just fine. I bought this one because you can easily upgrade the CPU and add a second harddrive which is unusual for a laptop. It also has the fastest 8800 nvidia card.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Summary changed from Vista 64bit P-6860fx with a intel duo 64 bit T5550 cpu in vbox VTx is greyed but it says it is enabled in the list I try to install Ubuntu 64 says my cpu is not 64bit and only finds a 686 cpu to No 64-bit guests with T5550 => No VT-x
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution wontfix deleted