Ticket #3668 (closed defect: invalid)
Turning Compiz on returns error: Desktop effects could not be enabled. Using Intel Mobile video driver.
|Reported by:||abcuser||Owned by:|
Hi, I have tried to enable Compiz in Ubuntu 8.10 guest on Windows XP SP3 host, but it is not working.
- I have had installed VirtualBox 2.1.4 and today I have installed VirtualBox 2.2.0 r45846 (info from Help | About).
- I have installed guest add-ins in Ubuntu
- Shutdown client, reboot host and started guest
- I have tried to enable compiz in Ubuntu guest using System | Preferences | Appearance | Visual Effects tab | Normal option.
I got error: "Desktop effects could not be enabled"
I had the same issue using VirtualBox 2.2.0 beta2 and Leonid from Sun answered on forum that this is some problem related to "Intel Mobile" graphic card. I am using ThinkPad T60 netbook.
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution invalid deleted