Ticket #3254 (closed defect: fixed)
WinXp-Guest reboots and freezes with 2.1.0 and 2.1.2 on Opensolaris-2008.11-Host
|Reported by:||rackerseder||Owned by:|
Problem at least since VBox 2.1.0 and currently in 2.1.2:
- after maybe 16 hours running, the virtual machine resets and therefore the Guest WinXP is bootet
- after logging in again the virtual machine freezes after some minutes ==> no answer to ping
==> only controlvm poweroff helps
After starting a new VBoxHeadless it works again for the next hours.
Having this setup:
- VBox Host is a IBM 3755 with 4 dual-core AMD / 64 GB Memory
SunOS vboxhost 5.11 snv_101b i86pc i386 i86pc
- OpenSolaris 2008.11
- Guest is WinXP (2GB Memory configured)
- SunRay-Server is SunBlade2500 with Solaris-10
- Connecting from SunRayClient to VBox-Client with uttsc
I started with V2.0.2 or 2.0.4 and there the Client was running for weeks with exactly one problem: copy/paste did not work. Thats the reason for installing the upgrades always hoping that copy/paste would work. In the meantime (at the time of 2.1.0) I fixed the copy/paste-problem just by renaming rdpclip.exe so that it cannot be started by the system.
Now I downgraded to 2.0.4 and everything is right. I have the stability of prior-2.1.0 and the copy-paste-fix found at the time of 2.1.0.
But of course I would prefer to have a current system to be able to use new features coming with 2.1 and beyond.
The /var/adm/messages contains no errors.
During all this up- and down-grade the same vdi-image (with win-xp on it) was in use.
Two Logs are attached:
- from 204 wich is currently running (since several days without problems)
- from 212 with the strange behaviour
Any suggestions how to solve this?