Ticket #2993 (closed defect: invalid)
VPN Guest support PPTP etc
|Reported by:||hanasaki||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 2.1.0||Keywords:||vpn pptp gre|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
Please support PPTP and other vpn's in the client. looking for options like
- host is not on vpn - guest (windows/linux) can open its own vpn to a server while on a NAT or Host interface networking (gets its own IP)
- host is on vpn - guest automatically uses the vpn the host is on -- this works in vmware
A big business driver for this is the case where I have developers that are remote and need to access the internal network from a "canned" "turnkey" development environment provide by an virtual machine image (windows and linux are in use - ie: would be the guest) generally on a windows host however linux hosts are possible.
I'm not really sure if this should be a defect or enhancement. In either case it is desirable and also shows up in:
Note the manual - section 6 - says that the GRE will not work on a NAT interface... It also does not work on host interface networking (which would be a work around for now...) NAT is needed because there are times the remote folks are using a wireless PHONE card which will only provide a single IP via dhcp.
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to invalid