Ticket #2771 (closed defect: fixed)
VB guest window no longer resizes on virtual display mode change => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||dimitris||Owned by:|
Host is Debian sid, guest is CentOS 5.2 with 2.1.0 guest additions installed, both x386.
- Start the guest.
- Boot sequence switches the virtual display to graphical mode.
- VB window doesn't resize, instead it displays the CentOS graphical boot screen cropped to the size the VB window had originally.
- Boot sequence now starts X, same cropping present.
- Machine->Adjust Window Size has no effect.
- Resizing the VB window manually through the host WM decorations also has no effect.
- I can "force" the VB window to resize by selecting Machine->Close..., then canceling.
This is a regression from 2.0.6. Also, when I first booted the guest under 2.1.0, still running 2.0.6 guest additions, this problem was not present.
Just to be clear, this is not about auto-resizing, which isn't possible on this guest due to the X/RandR version it runs. This is about the VB guest window not resizing during the boot process, something that worked on different guests since 1.6.x.
- Summary changed from VB guest window no longer resizes on virtual display mode change to VB guest window no longer resizes on virtual display mode change => Fixed in SVN