Ticket #2434 (closed defect: obsolete)
Changing the resolution of host shifts the full screen image of the guest
|Reported by:||tshah||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by aeichner) (diff)
Steps to recreate:
- Launch a VirtualBox guest with the addons enabled.
- Make the guest full screen and also the guest's resolution should be the same as the host.
- Launch an application on the host machine that changes the screen resolution on the host (so it changes the host's screen resolution). You must be able to do this without exiting full screen from Virtualbox. I encountered this problem by having this application launched remotely. Also, this application made the screen resolution lower than it was previously.
- After this application is done, it will put the screen resolution back as it used to be. Then, VirtualBox will show up but shifted to the bottom right a good number of pixels (making a black blank area). The work around is to hit "Host+F" twice which will allow Virtualbox to properly put the full screen where it should be.
Other potentially useful information:
- Running WinXP as host, guest is CentOS 4.7
- The app that is causing this issue is an OpenGL app
- Running on a Geforce 7800 with latest driver
- Happens every time
Feel free to ask for more information.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.