Ticket #2270 (closed defect: fixed)
Large page problems for RedHat 5 guest applications
|Reported by:||ChrisJenkins||Owned by:|
I am running VirtualBox 2.0.2 32-bit on Windows XP SP3 with an Intel Core2 Duo T7300 CPU. I installed RedHat Enterprise Linux (actually oracle Enterprise Linux which is a rebadged version) with kernel version 2.6.18-92.
Linux detects the HugePageSize as 4 Mb (as per cat /proc/meminfo) which is incorrect; it should be 2 Mb (this works correctly under VMware). Asa result, several pieces of software that use large pages do not work correctly.
Since the page size is detected properly when installed on real hardware and also within VMware on the same host it would seem this is due to some issue with VirtualBox. I have tried with both software and hardware virtualisation but it behaves thesame.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Summary changed from Kernel detects incorrect large page size for RedHat 5 on Windows host to Large page problems for RedHat 5 on Windows host
- Summary changed from Large page problems for RedHat 5 on Windows host to Large page problems for RedHat 5 guest applications