Linux Mint 32-bit Guest will not fully restart on Mac OS X Catalina host after installed Guest Additions
|Reported by:||keffie||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||Linux Mint 32-bit||Cc:|
|Guest type:||Linux||Host type:||Mac OS X|
After I installed the Guest Additions on my 32-bit Linux Mint virtual machine, the VM Guest will not restart properly. I can enter my user password, but then the operating system won't finish booting to the desktop, and it appears to hang on a blank screen. I left the Guest machine sitting for ~ 20 minutes on the blank screen before I give up and force it to stop.
- Create a blank virtual machine: Ubuntu 32-bit, ~3.5GB Memory, 30GB hard drive (VDI, dynamic)
- Start the virtual machine, when prompted insert the Linux ISO
- Complete the operating system installation
- When prompted, remove the ISO from Optical drive and restart VM
- Install operating system updates in Synaptic and restart VM
- Insert the Guest Additions CD and run the installer
- After Guest Additions finishes installation, restart the VM
- Enter the user password & Wait for the machine to finish boot
Observed; the Guest machine just appears to hang on blank black screen. Eventually give up waiting, and click the red dot to close Guest window and force shut down.
In case I made a mistake, I tried deleting & recreating the virtual machine guest again, but same issue occurs again after install Guest Additions.
Additional machine details: