"NEWEST" Extension Pack 6.1.2 Install Failure (01-15-20)
|Reported by:||jwhite711||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||VirtualBox 6.1.2, Extension Pack 6.1.2, Update error, freeze, solutions, ideas, resolutions, work around, integration, innovation, common issues, install, failure||Cc:||johnwhite71@…|
|Guest type:||OSX Server||Host type:||Windows|
I just updated to the recent version of VirtualBox 6.1.2-135662-Win. Required update for the Extension Pack 6.1.2 install seems to never install.
Even after a half hour or more waiting? It just continues saying that it is installing, and nothing seems to happen.
- Is this a common error, or simply a bug within the new version?
- Should a complete uninstall be done before installing the new version, as opposed to simply upgrading?
- When will this issue be fixed, or is there a workaround?
- What are the new additions or benefits to the most recent version in comparison to the previous? Is it even worth the update, or needed?
- What exactly is the point of updating unless specific common problems have been resolved?
- Having the app work flawlessly, and easily with macOS Software, and Hardware format?
- Fixing the common Audio problems? Common screen problems? Drag and Drop, Bidirectional, etc.? Acknowledging any common, well known issues discussed by the community, or simply searching online and seeing an endless list.
- The ability to also work with .dmg, or .cdr, in addition to .iso, etc.?
Finally, I have only been using this product for about 3 weeks, and have ran into many common problems that everyone has had at one time or another. It puzzles me that there have been many who have the intelligence to provide fixes, or even workarounds to all of these common issues, yet, your development team still hasn't even addressed them, or came up with their own fixes.
Therefore, if not fixing these common issues, or offering the ability to integrate the many features i or others have ran into, and mentioned just in the time i have been using it, or combining innovative ideas that may not have been discussed, why even attempt the update?
Though this is open source, and freely offered, does it mean that less effort is involved, or care into becoming the best at its field? Not an accusation, but generally speaking. Thank you for the opportunity. Either way...With all the issues, or common errors i have mentioned, there have been some very intelligent, and proficient users who have come up with solutions. Why not integrate their brilliant, innovative resolutions?