Windows host removes HardDisks section if the version attribute is "1.15-macosx"
|Reported by:||Shonn||Owned by:|
|Guest type:||Windows||Host type:||all|
I have a Windows guest that I open in both Mac and Windows hosts. The Mac is the laptop that I use when I'm working remotely, and the Windows is my home office computer.
Usually, there isn't a problem with that, as long as I do a full shutdown of the guest before switching.
However, it seems that the Windows host will sometimes delete the MediaRegistry/HardDisks section in the .vbox file on opening if it has a version of "1.15-macosx". The same file is untouched if it has a version of "1.15-windows".
All of the changes that it does:
- Removes MediaRegistry/HardDisks section
- Sets Memory RAMSize from 8192 to 128
- Removes Hardware/Display
- Removes Hardware/VideoCapture
- Removes Hardware/BIOS
- Removes child elements and all attributes except type="Am79C973" from Network/Adapter slot="0"
- Removes Hardware/Clipboard
- Removes Hardware/DragAndDrop
- Removes StorageControllers