Ticket #15904 (closed defect: fixed)
Regression: auto logon fails after update from 5.0
|Reported by:||ucrasher||Owned by:|
Hi, auto logon is a nice feature and I used it for many VMs. Now after I upgraded from 5.0.26 to 5.1.4 it does not work anymore. The login screen shows the passed credentials in different fields. Example from user manual:
VBoxManage controlvm "Windows XP" setcredentials "John Doe" "secretpassword" "DOMTEST"
The login screen of Win10-1607 shows two users "John Doe" and "secretpassword" in the left lower corner. The password box contains some text (just dots) and below the box is the text "DOMTEST".
On Win7 it is generally the same, two users. "DOMTEST" does not show up.
It almost looks like the command line is not parsed correctly.
My host is Ubuntu 1604. All the years I used this start script:
VBoxManage startvm "Windows XP" && VBoxManage controlvm "Windows XP" setcredentials "John Doe" "secretpassword" "DOMTEST" && exit 0
When I run the parts of the script (startvm and controlvm) separate and with enough time between, it still does not work. It behaves slightly different though. Left lower corner shows two users "John Doe" and and "username". Later (after writing this and going back to the VM) it shows garbage (Chinese chars) instead "username" and below the password box. That proofs something is fishy. In the VB log I saw noting related to auto logon.
I reinstalled GA with /auto_logon, no change.