Ticket #12758 (closed defect: fixed)
inconsistent NumLock/CapsLock state and LED state for the guest => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||mhanor||Owned by:|
I think a regression has been introduced with the release of VirtualBox 4.3.8
Host OS: Windows 7 SP1 x64
Guest OSes: Windows 7 SP1 x64, Windows XP SP3 x86, Lubuntu 13.10 x86
The issue: keyboard lights do no reflect the state of the keys (NumLock, CapsLock), while working with the guest. GUI/HidLedsSync feature is off (the default).
Steps to reproduce:
1) Assuming the host CapsLock state is off, the LED is off; assuming the guest CapsLock state is off at startup
2) Working with a host OS application (a text editor, for example), means the VM windows doesn't have the keyboard input grabbed. Press CapsLock while the host's text editor window is the active window. The state is on (test it in the editor), also the CapsLock LED is on.
3) Switch to the guest (now the keyboard input is grabbed), notice the CapsLock LED is on. Opening a text editor, notice that the actual CapsLock state is off.
4) While the guest still has keyboard input grabbed, press CapsLock. The LED turns off, while the actual state is on.
5) Returning the the host text editor window, notice that the state is off.
- Summary changed from inconsistent NumLock/CapsLock state and LED state for the guest to inconsistent NumLock/CapsLock state and LED state for the guest => Fixed in SVN