Ticket #11290 (new defect)
DirectDraw clipping/refresh bug with XP guest
|Reported by:||Donuts||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.2.2||Keywords:||DirectDraw XP WinUAE|
I'm using VirtualBox 4.2.2. Lubuntu 11.10 x86-64 host, Windows XP Pro SP3 guest.
This issue happens with Guest Additions versions 4.1.14 and 4.2.2. It shows up with the WinUAE Amiga emulator.
When WinUAE is using DirectDraw for its graphics output, dragging the window partly off-screen causes the image to appear near the upper left of the screen. See the attached screenshots. The problem does not happen when WinUAE is set to use Direct3D.
- Download an example program, e.g. ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/Groups/D/DOC/DOC-NoName
- Download the WinUAE installer from http://www.winuae.net/ and run it.
- Run WinUAE. When the setting window opens click Miscellaneous in the treeview. Set Graphics API to DirectDraw.
- Click Floppy drives and then the "..." button near the top right of the window. Choose the program you just downloaded.
- Click Start to start the emulation. In a few seconds you should see something in the emulation window.
- Press the middle mouse button to un-capture the mouse and drag the emulation window so it is partly off-screen. Notice that the window contents appear at the top left of the desktop, and the actual emulation window no longer updates.