Ticket #11277 (new enhancement)
CPU Hotplug prevents change in vCPU number
|Reported by:||noteirak||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.2.4||Keywords:||cpu hotplug|
After setting up a VM with more than one vCPU and CPU hotplug off, then activating the CPU hotplug feature, it is not possible to reduce the amount of vCPU as long as hotplug is enabled.
Steps to reproduce :
- Create a VM with 2 or more CPUs
- Enable CPU hotplug via vboxmanage
- Start the VM then stop the VM
- Reduce the amount of CPUs using vboxmanage modifyvm VM --cpus x
- This will fail with the following code :
NS_ERROR_INVALID_ARG (0x80070057) There is still a CPU attached to socket x.Detach the CPU before removing the socket.
The only way to make this work is to disable the hotplug feature before setting the amount of vCPU.
IMO this error shouldn't popup as the VM is a PowerOff state and therefore hotunplugging a CPU doesn't make sense...