Ticket #10696 (closed defect: invalid)
MongoDB idling at 15-20% CPU usage
|Reported by:||lazymanc||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.1.18||Keywords:||mongodb, cpu, idle|
|Host type:||Mac OS X|
I'm experiencing an issue where mongodb consumes 15-20% CPU constantly when idle. This is especially inconvenient when trying to develop on a laptop as it drains the battery a lot more quickly than necessary.
- Host: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (mid 2011 macbook air 13")
- Guest: Ubuntu 12.04 server (64-bit) configured with 512mb ram / 8gb sata disk.
- Mongodb installed via 10gen repo as described here: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-debian-or-ubuntu-linux/
- mongodb monitored using top command
The mongod process idles at 15-20% cpu usage on the ubuntu guest, even when no connections are active. I have converted the same VM image and run it under Parallels and the issue goes away (mongodb idling at 0-1% cpu). Others have mongodb running under vmware and xen and cannot reproduce the issue, so it appears to be specific to virtualbox.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to invalid