Ticket #10548 (new defect)
CentOS Guest - Mini Toolbar not visible in full screen mode w/ 3D enabled + compiz
|Reported by:||\||Owned by:|
The VB mini toolbar is not be visible when running in a Linux (CentOS 6.2 guest) with compiz installed and 3D acceleration enabled w/ guest additions. This only occurs when running the guest OS in the same full screen resolution of the host.
Steps to reproduce:
- Configure all of the above as tested and ensure compiz is running.
- Set guest to full screen and either auto-resize guest to native resolution of host or manually configure guest to use native resolution.
Observe: minitoolbar will not be visible when running in full screen.
- Set the mini toolbar to be visible at the bottom of the screen
- Configure the vertical resolution of the guest OS to be at least 1 pixel less than the native resolution of the host. To accomplish this, I set
my guest resolution to "1920x1079" from "1920x1080" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
- Restart linux window manager or reboot the guest, go to display setting and your custom resolution should appear as an option to select.