Ticket #10475 (closed defect: obsolete)
Guru Meditation -4014 (VERR_VMX_INVALID_GUEST_STATE) on hibernation of Ubuntu guest
|Reported by:||jimav||Owned by:|
Client hibernate has never worked for Ubuntu clients and Ubuntu hosts.
I just re-tested using vb 4.1.12. The client is Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit, with updated guest additions and PAE/NX enabled. The host is Ubuntu 64-bit (i7 CPU).
When hibernating the client, the error window appears saying "A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped" etc.
VBox.log will be attached
- Summary changed from Client hibernate never works with Ubuntu clients ("critical error" occurs) to Guru Meditation -4014 (VERR_VMX_INVALID_GUEST_STATE) on hibernation of Ubuntu guest
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted