Ticket #10351 (new defect)
Opened 5 years ago
Host-Q and Host-H do not follow host key remapping
|Reported by:||reidpr||Owned by:|
|Host type:||Mac OS X|
Steps to reproduce:
- Change host key from default (command) to left control + left option.
- Start a guest (I have a Debian Linux guest).
- Type Command-Q.
- Keystroke is passed through to guest.
- Keystroke is intercepted by VirtualBox (which offers to quit).
- After cancelling the quit dialog, the Command key is stuck down until it's pressed again.
- Basically, this is a user interface bug. Following the principle of least surprise, all host key combinations should be remapped if the host key is changed. Also, these keystrokes are needed in the guest OS (Emacs in particular uses them frequently).
- This forum thread may be relevant: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29695
Thanks for your hard work on VirtualBox! It makes my work dramatically easier.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.