Ticket #10186 (closed defect: obsolete)
WMI shows corrupt battery instance under Win32_Battery
|Reported by:||Jani||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.1.8||Keywords:||wmi battery corrupt characters|
Environment: Hardware: HP 6730b notebook VirtualBox 4.1.8 Windows 7 x86 host OS Windows XP SP3 guest OS
Symptom: When querying the Win32_Battery instance on the Windows guest, it shows a name containing messed up characters. This causes some WMI-based inventory programs to generate hard-to-parse output on virtual machines.
Expected behavior: Battery info should be built up of accurate, printable strings.
- Guest OS language is irrelevant to the problem (tested on English and Hungarian XP).
- When rebooted the host device, the battery instance name has changed, but remained.
- The OS on the physical host shows correct battery info, the issue can be reproduced only in the virtual machines.
- Device manager on the guest shows standard data, no corrupted characters shown.
- The issue has been there in VirtualBox 3.2.6 or even older versions.