[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 6.1.42 released

Alexander Rudnev alexander.rudnev at oracle.com
Wed Jan 18 10:22:12 GMT 2023

Hi Konstantin,

thank you for a good catch, I confirm /src/libs/zlib-1.2.13 is
incomplete in
https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.42/VirtualBox-6.1.42.tar.bz2

As a workaround you can take that directory from
https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/7.0.6/VirtualBox-7.0.6.tar.bz2
and

On 18/01/2023 14:09, Konstantin Vlasov via vbox-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems that the source archive is incomplete. When I tried to build it on
> Windows, I received errors about missing zlib files. I downloaded zlib-1.2.13
> and extracted the missing files into src/libs/zlib-1.2.13/, and only then was
> able to build the project.
>
> I'm not sure about which files are missing, exactly. First it failed because of
> zlib.h; when I added it, zutil.h was needed. So I just put all the header files
> from the zlib root dir (without replacing the existing ones), but then it
> required crc32.c. So I added all the C files too. I guess it's possible to
> narrow down the list of required files, but I didn't have enough free time for
> that.
>
> Also, I noticed that gzguts.h in the bundled zlib is different from that in
> stock zlib. Mostly it has some secfions wrapped in #ifndef IPRT_NO_CRT. So I'm
> not sure if copying the missing files from the stock zlib was the correct way to
> do it...
>

>> Hello,
>
>> Today Oracle released VirtualBox 6.1.42, a maintenance release of VirtualBox
>> 6.1 which improves stability and fixes regressions.
>
>> See the change log at
>
>>     https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog-6.1
>
>> for a list of changes.

Alexander Rudnev | VirtualBox | +(971) 505 012 545
Dubai Internet City, building no. 6
Sheikh Zayed Road
DUBAI, UAE