[vbox-dev] Announcement: VirtualBox 6.1.42 released

Konstantin Vlasov flint at flint-inc.ru
Wed Jan 18 10:09:07 GMT 2023

Hi,

It seems that the source archive is incomplete. When I tried to build it on
Windows, I received errors about missing zlib files. I downloaded zlib-1.2.13
and extracted the missing files into src/libs/zlib-1.2.13/, and only then was
able to build the project.

I'm not sure about which files are missing, exactly. First it failed because of
zlib.h; when I added it, zutil.h was needed. So I just put all the header files
from the zlib root dir (without replacing the existing ones), but then it
required crc32.c. So I added all the C files too. I guess it's possible to
narrow down the list of required files, but I didn't have enough free time for
that.

Also, I noticed that gzguts.h in the bundled zlib is different from that in
stock zlib. Mostly it has some secfions wrapped in #ifndef IPRT_NO_CRT. So I'm
not sure if copying the missing files from the stock zlib was the correct way to
do it...

> Hello,

> Today Oracle released VirtualBox 6.1.42, a maintenance release of VirtualBox
> 6.1 which improves stability and fixes regressions.

> See the change log at

>    https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog-6.1

> for a list of changes.

Bye.                                    With best regards,
                                        Konstantin Vlasov.