[vbox-dev] Virtualbox 7.0.4 fails to build when the liblzf library is provided by system

John Lumby jlumby at bluecatnetworks.com
Sun Jan 15 16:27:04 GMT 2023

Same kind of problem as reported in

https://www.virtualbox.org/pipermail/vbox-dev/2020-September/015559.html

In my case,    g++ compilation of zip.cpp was including lzf.h from  /usr/include/lzf.h (which does not know about C++ callers) instead of /opt/VirtualBox-7.0.4/src/libs/liblzf-3.6/lzf.h (which does).

I could not figure out where in the kmk jungle this mistake is being made,     but I simply resorted to temporarily hiding  /usr/include/lzf.h and replacing it by link to /opt/VirtualBox-7.0.4/src/libs/liblzf-3.6/lzf.h

Cheers,   John